Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thrift Store Finds & a Creation

Well hello! I’m not sure why it’s taken me a week to blog about this but let’s just say, I’ve been busy.  Last week, while I was browsing around the thrift store, I found a few things that seemed like they’d come in handy.
March 2011 056
I haven’t used the gold candlestick yet but I have created something with those 2 wooden bowls. I’ve had pedestals on the brain lately, so…
March 2011 118
Here’s how it all went down:
1st. I sanded the bowls. One had some rough edges & the other had some nasty gold paint on the inside.
2nd. I glued them together using the infamous E6000, weighted it together & leveled it.
March 2011 062
P.S. That book isn’t as helpful as you may think.
3rd. I used 2 coats of Krylon Primer.
March 2011 100
4th. I painted it with 3 coats of Krylon Bright Idea, Gloss.
March 2011 104
5th. I mixed up some orange & white craft paint with a little water & painted it on for some depth & texture using a glazing technique.
March 2011 105
6th. Distressed it using some sandpaper & glazed it with Ralph Lauren black glaze. If you want a good place to learn about glazing, click HERE.
7th. I painted 2 coats with Krylon Clear Finish.
Once again, the finished creation…
March 2011 117March 2011 119March 2011 121
I used the yellow paint to tie in with those flowers in the painting. I really need to brighten up this shelf! Once it’s finished, I’ll blog all about it.
I love how the dish turned out!  Thanks for visiting & enjoy your upcoming week!!
xoxo



Linking up with:
untitled
BWS tips button






monogram


HookingupwithHoH

9 comments:

  1. I love it! So cute! The color turned out really good with your glazing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dish is super cute!So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love the redo!
    I have a thrifty thursdays party every week and would love for you to come join us!
    Lyssa
    bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! It looks really great! I am a lover of E600 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. Don't you just love glue and spray paint!
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is a potential that I didn't see in those items. Well done! Thanks for the step by step process too. I like seeing how it all comes together. Feel free to swing by and see some similar crafts!
    -Polly
    http://learnandgopollyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mary what a great eye for repurposing those things, thanks for the inspiration! visiting and following from Diddle Dattle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave some kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...