Saturday, February 19, 2011

Taco Soup

I got this delicious Taco Soup recipe from my BFF, Jeni. I've altered it slightly to make it vegetarian. But trust me, you won’t miss the meat. I love making soup because it's so quick, easy & comforting to eat. This one is very hearty & full of fiber & protein. It can either be made on the stove top which will need to simmer for about 30 minutes or it can cook in the crock pot on low all day while your out & about.

(Not actually my pic. Got this from Google image search. I’ll take my own next time I make this & replace it)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 bunch cilantro
Top it off:
Plain Greek Yogurt (rather than sour cream)
Diced red onion
Diced avocado
Tortilla chips-broken
Grated cheese-I like Colby Jack or Pepper Jack
Buy all canned ingredients Low-Sodium and/or Organic. Empty all cans into large pot or crock pot. DO NOT DRAIN! Chop cilantro & add right at the end so it keeps it's bright green color & fresh taste. Dish up & top with desired toppings. I love all the topping I listed above. Eat up & ENJOY!
Serves 6-8 hungry people.

See what I mean? So simple & healthy!


Linking up with:
Today's Creative Blog

4 comments:

  1. Yum, the soup looks delicious! Thanks for the tip about the blog button. I found a tutorial that worked for me. I wish blog designers weren't so expensive, because then I would definitely have my whole blog under go a makeover.

    Thanks again for the yummy soup recipe, I love simple and healthy recipes.
    Jennifer
    http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that soup looks delicious!
    I just found your blog through another blog, and I am so glad I did. I'm your newest GFC follower and would love for your check out my Interior Design & Decor website, SAS Interiors @ www.sasinteriors.net

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds like the perfect meal for the crock pot when I don't have a fully functioning kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MM yum! Those avocados look so good. Thanks for sharing! I"m your newest follower.
    I would love for you to link up at "scrumtrulescent saturdays" over at my blog! For recipes only :)
    Lyssa
    bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave some kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...