Friday, February 4, 2011

Healthy PB Oatmeal Cookies

I was having a serious sweet tooth today. Surprise, surprise. I found this healthy cookie recipe that looked & sounded delish. I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand so, I whipped them up! You really must try them. They are a great replacement for the typical unhealthy options that we usually reach for. These cookies are high in fiber, protein & good fats & low in sugar. I found this recipe over at Healthy Unadventures in Cooking. She has some amazing recipes listed that I am eager to try out myself.

These are the ingredients you’ll need:
2/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I love Adams)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4c coconut
3C oats
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Then follow these simple directions:
Preheat oven to 375F.  Beat together oil & peanut butter then beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in coconut. In a separate bowl mix together oats, flour, powder and soda.  Stir into peanut butter mixture but do not over mix.  Drop onto a baking sheet in 1 1/2 tablespoons round. Gently press to flatten and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on a cooling rack, and don’t spoil your dinner.
(makes 24-30 cookies)
Hope you enjoy these delicious cookies! I know your waistline will :)



Linking up with:





A Little Knick Knack

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was such thing as a healthy cookie! That's almost like an oxymoron! I need to make these when I have a sweet tooth.

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy! You know I love anything w/ PB.

    And I nominated you for a Stylish Bloggy Award! Stop on by to accept :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also nominated you for a Stylish Bloggy Award. Love your blog!

    Eat. Sleep. Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thanks for commenting on my post, I think I will add pom poms. I might go a little overboard and do the whole ceiling if someone doesn't stop me. Second, I now have a craving for peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I could eat one for breakfast right? I mean, it has oatmeal in it, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!

    Head over to http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    I have a surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look so good! Great blog! Following you from the Super Bowl Sunday blog hop!

    Swanky Baby
    http://swankybaby1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave some kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...