Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rosettes from Scraps

A while ago my sister Rachel, the MIA Crafty Gal, gave me these scraps that she had leftover from a cute baby quilt she was making. I didn’t know what I would end up doing with it but I figured it was worth saving.
rosettes 007
I’ve seen so many cute variations of rosettes around Blog Land being used in many different ways. And I love them all! Since rosettes don’t  involve sewing, I thought I’d give it a whirl. I decided to use them to decorate a headband & hair clip for my daughter. I tried taking pictures to document the steps but some didn’t turn out so great. Sorry in advance.
rosettes 009rosettes 010rosettes 011
1. I already had a headband & clips 
2. Wrapped the headband with a brown scrap & used some hot glue to keep it from moving.       3. Took a long skinny scrap, tied knot in the middle. Twisted, wrapped & hot glued around the knot  to make the rosette.                                                                                                                                                                                           
rosettes 012
  4. I cut out felt circles & hot glued them to the backs for extra support.
rosettes 015rosettes 020
                Ta Da…the headband & the clip.
                  Apparently I should take some basic picture taking classes :)
These were so simple & a fairly quick craft. My favorite kind!


Linking up with:
HouseofHepworths






monogram




BWS tips button

9 comments:

  1. I love those flowers - they are SO easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! ... Thanks for the lesson!
    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute!! Cute blog!!

    I am going to be having a Linky party this weekend, Friday-Sunday,
    Please come and participate!! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to attempt the flowers and make a lamp shade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rosette headbands! The fabric is adorable!

    Thanks for linking up to FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have also been making these flowers. They are so much fun, quick, and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love rosettes. I just made my first necklace and I love it! That headband and clip is SUPER cute!

    New follower!

    -Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job. I love the fabric choices too.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea. I love it!
    I am a new follower from the homemaker on a dime party. Your blog is great, I am glad I found it.
    Ana Paula :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave some kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...