Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lima Bean Valentines Wreath

I spied this Lima Bean Wreath a long time ago over at {All Things Thrifty}. It’s been in the back of my mind ever since & I finally made my own version of hers. I LOVE her Christmas version of the wreath but I waited too long so mine became a Valentines wreath. Which I’m okay with. Here’s how the progression plays out:
Rounded out the edges a little                                      Then start gluing…
tcg jan 2011 008tcg jan 2011 009tcg jan 2011 017tcg jan 2011 018
And keep gluing…                                                       Half way finished.
Then I painted with Valentine Day colors.
The finished product!
tcg jan 13 2011 003tcg jan 13 2011 005tcg jan 13 2011 006
tcg jan 13 2011 008
Ooo la la…I’m in LOVE!

Things I’ll do differently next time:
*Wrap each wreath with Duct Tape before gluing on the lima beans. It will make it stronger & if you use a matching color of tape then it will all blend well.
*Add a 3rd wreath. I’m going to add a red wreath to the bottom. I think it will look much better with a 3rd for balance.
Good luck if you make your own, learn from my mistakes & I’d love to see how yours turns out!

Linking up with:

HouseofHepworths








A Little Knick Knack

Photobucket
Gettin' Krafty With It
Get Your Craft On Tuesday
BWS tips button

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! Great job...I will have to copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I've been meaning to make one of these wreaths, too. If only I had more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And so sad that the bottom one broke :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I like the clean look of it! How you bean by the way? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute wreaths!! Perfect colors for Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you arranged the beans! I actually did one of these for a Christmas present, it's on my blog here:

    http://beadsbuttonsbubbles.blogspot.com/2011/01/inspiration-from-tutorial.html

    I love it but now I want to try it your way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the original wreath. I had never seen a lima bean wreath. Mine may not get made until the 4th of July. There are just too many projects and not enough time. If you look at my time stamp it is 12:45am. Luckily I do not have a job with regular hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you got it done. Looks so nice hanging on the door. I bet you're sick of lima beans now! :)Thanks for linking to Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured this today - Today's Top 20!

    Woo Hoo!
    Amanda
    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been featured because you rock and I love your project!!

    Hookin' Up with HoH #33

    Stop by and grab a button! You deserve it. ;)

    ~Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wreaths! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the time to leave some kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...